SurfPlan™ and GliderPlan™ Professional v2013 are out now! Among the many new features are new tools for visual design editing, and 3d models can now be exported direct to AutoDesk™ Simulation CFD.
GliderPlan 2008 is demonstrated at Le Coupe Icare, in St Hilaire, France
technology of designing kites quickly and accurately is,
more and more, a critical part of the industry.
SurfPlan™ and GliderPlan™ are the world's most widely used specialised professional CAD applications for designing power kites and paraglider canopies. SurfPlan has a solid track record in the industry, and is in commercial use for many types of wings :-
- Bridled surf kites (BOW/SLE)
- Traditional ILE surf kites (C-kites)
- Ram-air Snow kites
- Buggy kites
- Hybrid designs
Specific features :-
- Easy to use interface
- Fast operation - generate plans immediately
- Professional design and workflow features
- Surfplan™ Professional works together with all common CAD software, including AutoCAD, Rhino, Solidworks, PatternSmith, TurboCAD and more.
- Integrated 3d model viewer and 2d panel viewer
- FEM modelling of in-flight sled canopy curve
- Automatic force-balancing for correct bridle shapes
- Surface unrolling algorithms, including advanced skin tension options
- Visual designs on output panels
- Surfplan™ Professional supports import/export integration with many CAD programs, nesting software and CNC manufacturing processes
- Hundreds of easily accessible parameters